<< Back to Hot Candidates
|Job Title:||Sr. Property Accountant|
||Description:||Over fifteen years of diverse accounting experience in the financial services and real estate industries including financial statement preparation, general ledger / month end close, analysis, auditing and fixed asset accounting. Detail-oriented, consistently able to meet deadlines. Reliable team player with high integrity and reputation for strong work ethic.
Special abilities include:
• Real Estate / Property Accounting • Compliance
• Fixed Asset Accounting • Credit
• Auditing • Computer Applications
Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, AMSI, MRI, Acrobat, Access, Oracle, Fixed Asset Depreciation Solutions Database, DocuWare and Timberline.
CPA - Candidate
BBA - Accounting – Kennesaw State College
BBA - Finance / Management – University of Georgia
Georgia Institute of Home Building – Built / Subcontracted Home
Microsoft Computer Applications – Kennesaw College “Continuing Education”
Sr. Property Accountant (RE)
||Description:||A Munich based international real estate company.
Senior Property Accountant
• Managed the accounting (monthly, quarterly & annual) of ten multi-state grocery anchored (Publix / Kroger) retail properties including financial statement preparation, review, and analysis.
• Worked with Property Managers and the Property team during the financial statement process.
• Prepared General Ledger entries and trued up accounts as needed.
• Created manual quarterly Anchor billings / specialty billings to tenants.
• Prepared budgets, bank, CAM, Tax and Insurance reconciliations.
• Reviewed leases for proper accounting.
• Prepared monthly sales tax calculations for Florida properties.
• Responded to all accounting related issues from Property Management, Asset Management, Acquisition & Development and Tax departments.
• Used Timberline, Docuware and a Depreciation Solutions program to manage depreciation.
• Scored departmental high on accounting test administered by team of external auditors.
Property Accountant (RE - apts)
• Responsible for the financial statements of six major apartment / commercial properties and eight related entities. Responsibilities included financial statement reporting and analysis, distributing financial packages, transferring funds for distributions via ACH transfers and wires, monitoring cash, approving checks for vendor payment, documented draws for distributions from lender escrow accounts, numerous bank reconciliations, monthly journal entries, month-end and year-end close.
• Completed both internal, joint venture and external financial statements.
• Completed financial statements for some of the largest and most complicated properties.
• Tied out balance sheets and reviewed profit and loss statements monthly. Also completed review of the 3 month and 12 month P&L @ year end.
• Completed monthly and quarterly investor packages.
• Answered questions from upper management, property managers, auditors and investors.
• Discovered, investigated and monitored fraudulent checking account activity.
• Oversaw the payments of R/E taxes and tax appeals for the entire company.
• Saved Julian Lecraw & Company $10,000 by recognizing errors in billing for two of their commercial properties. Saved an additional $50,000 in Real Estate taxes by paying Florida real estate taxes early there by obtaining a discount.
• Conducted a review of capital expenses at year-end and “reclassed” the appropriate fixed assets to the balance sheet.
Sr. Accountant (RE)
• Responsible for consolidations of $750MM of retail, industrial, joint venture and mortgage investments.
• Responsibilities included financial statement preparation, forecasting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, variance analysis, month end close, inter-company accounts, general ledger maintenance and fixed asset reporting and reconciliation.
• (EQ Services - a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Real Estate Corporation) Compiled and audited financial accounting records. Review accounting contracts and procedures. Developed new accounting procedures.