<< Back to Job Listings
Estimator / Project Manager
|Employer:||Contact Us for details.|
|Location:||Atlanta (Galleria Area)|
|Required Skills:||Estimating skills in a specialty metals environment|
|Salary:||$45 - $55K|
Reputable and established specialty metals company seeks to hire an experienced Estimator / Project Manager for their Atlanta offices. Position pays to $55K and perhaps even more if you have the required experience.
- Estimate jobs identified as target markets for the company in collaboration with company principals.
- Support shop as needed with material needed and keep up communications/expectations from shop to office based on upcoming workload.
- Review plans, specifications and other contract documents to assure an understanding of the project.
- Monitor project for potential cost savings ideas.
- Purchase, secure and expedite delivery of equipment and materials.
- Review and acquire a basic understanding of the subcontractor's work on each project. Require subcontractors to perform safely and efficiently.
- Review contracts/subcontracts and provide input as necessary.
- Provide input to accounting for billings and work-in-process.
- Review the estimate with field personnel.
- Take advantage of all sales possibilities.
- Schedule and facilitate project turnover meetings, participating with estimating and other construction team members.
- Attend job meetings as required to assure Project Manager's responsibilities are achieved.
- Assure jobs are pre-planned and scheduled ahead of time. Provide input at weekly scheduled meetings.
- Work closely with Detailing, providing input so that shop drawings reflect efficient methods of fabrication and installation.
- Monitor, record and track field productivity.
- Price and complete change orders in a timely fashion, working with Detailing Manager when estimating takeoff is required.
Promote safety and a safe working environment to employees.
- Regularly evaluate field installation/production methods looking for ways to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Work with Foremen and General Superintendent on office / job / field problems with material and/or equipment / field labor.
- Provide detailed information to purchasing.
- Copy appropriate departments with change request information as requested.
For IMMEDIATE consideration please forward resume to email@example.com and please APPLY ONLINE...
WE SPECIALIZE IN PERMANENT / DIRECT HIRE PLACEMENT AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS PAID BY THE HIRING COMPANIES! Serving Atlanta since 1985