Location: South Florida near Fort Lauderdale...
Required Skills: Experience and Qualifications: · Bachelor’s Degree Required - Good knowledge & preferably experience in design & engineering of the AK platform is a must · 5+ Years’ Related Experience and Training · Background in Firearms or Related Industry · Mechanical Engineering · Problem Solving and Analysis · Design Engineering · Experience with Current Software · Communication Proficiency · Leadership and Management Expertise · Financial Management · Lean/Six Sigma · Process Re-engineering · Performance Improvement · Project Management · International Operations · New Product Development · Change Management
Salary: Starting salary around $70,000 but will more for the "right" candidate plus nice benefits.
AK firearm assembler/manufacturer seeks to hire an experienced Design Engineering Manager for their south Florida facility. Qualified candidate must have good knowledge & preferably experience in design & engineering of the AK platform. We're seeking a motivated, hands-on individual possessing a passion for leading, design and quality, with a background in the AK firearms industry. Requires strong technical team leadership. You will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing related duties personally or through subordinates. Candidates who don't mind rolling up their sleeves, getting their hands dirty, solving problems, shooting guns and can make a difference in a growing company are encouraged to apply.
· Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
· Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
· Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
· Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
· Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
· Approves and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from the department budget.
· Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences to inform management of status of each project.
· Works with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
· Directs the review of production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
· Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
· Assists in preparation of accounting records for budgetary, production efficiency or other such purposes.
· Recommends budgets to management, including staff use, technology, facility and equipment requirements or improvements.
· Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the company.
· Resolves escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
· Assists in selection, developing, training and supervising staff.
· Directs engineering records and blueprint maintenance.
· Exercises utmost confidentiality in every aspect of the job.
· Other duties as assigned.
Company offers a starting salary of around $70,000, but will more for the "right" candidate. Also offers nice benefits and a congenial work environment. For immediate consideration please forward your resume (with salary expectations) in confidence to email@example.com.
THIS IS A PERMANENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: engineer, engineering, design, manager, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, assemble, assembling, firearms, AK platform, guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, production, mechanical engineering, Lean/Six Sigma