Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Required Skills: Experience and Qualifications: o Bachelor’s Degree Required o 5+ Years’ Related Experience and Training o Background in Firearms or Related Industry o Mechanical Engineering o Problem Solving and Analysis o Design Engineering o Experience with Current Software o Communication Proficiency o Leadership and Management Expertise o Financial Management o Lean/Six Sigma o Process Re-engineering o Performance Improvement o Project Management o International Operations o New Product Development o Change Management
Salary: Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Some relocation assistance available for the "right" candidate.
AK firearm assembler/manufacturer is expanding their engineering department and seeks to hire an experienced Design and Mechanical Engineer for their south Florida facility. We're seeking a motivated, hands-on Engineer with a background in the firearms industry. Reporting to the VP of Operations you must be fluent in Solid Works, have knowledge of problem solving and ability to design and help build fixtures and gauges. Candidates who don't mind rolling up their sleeves, getting their hands dirty, solving problems, shooting guns and can make a difference in a growing company are encouraged to apply.
· Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
· Participates in key projects, processes and performance reports, data, analysis and documentation system.
· Assists in determining and implementing policies, procedures and programs.
· Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
· Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
· Submits feasible proposals to management for consideration and allocation of funds from the department.
· Implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, research findings and progress reports to inform management of status of each project.
· Works with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
· Provides the review of production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
· Reviews operations and plans to meet requirements for sales planning and to ascertain engineering requirements to develop new markets.
· Provides appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the company.
· Assists in resolving issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
· Provides engineering records and blueprint maintenance.
· Exercises utmost confidentiality in every aspect of the job.
· Other job-related duties.
Company offers a highly competitive salary, nice benefits and a congenial work environment. Some relocation assistance available for the right candidate. For immediate consideration please forward your resume (with salary expectations) in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS IS A PERMANENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY. DRUG SCREENING AND BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
Keywords: engineer, engineering, design, manager, manufacture, manufacturer, manufacturing, assemble, assembling, firearms, AK platform, guns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, production, mechanical engineering, Lean/Six Sigma