Location: Atlanta, GA (near Chamblee/Tucker area)
Required Skills: QUALIFICATIONS... • 3+ years’ experience in the accounting profession • Real estate industry experience is required • Strong background in financial planning & analysis most helpful • Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting or related field • High level of proficiency with financial accounting software such as QuickBooks and Yardi - Yardi proficiency is a MUST • Extensive experience with GAAP, tax basis, and joint venture accounting and financial reporting • Familiarity with analyzing complex deal documents and determining proper accounting treatment
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting or related field
Salary: Salary to $75,000 plus bonus & excellent benefits!
Rapidly growing privately-owned, fully integrated real estate operating company located near the Chamblee/Tucker area and focused on acquiring, owning, renovating, and managing multi-family investment properties nationwide seeks to hire an experienced Property Accountant. Company prides itself on company culture and fostering a fun work environment.
• Managing all accounting functions on accrual and cash basis for all portfolio communities and affiliate entities.
• Overseeing month-end closing process including bank reconciliations and adjusting journal entries
• Maintaining general ledgers and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including balance sheets, income statements, and statements of cash flow.
• Reconciling inter-company balances, review accounts payable, prepaid rent, and property expenses.
• Maintaining tenant receivables ensuring accurate billing and managing A/R aging schedules for each community.
• Ensuring property level payroll and benefits are properly allocated and recorded to appropriate departmental lines.
• Managing renovation budgets of all communities and facilitating the construction draw process with financial institutions.
• Reviewing, reconciling and approving all capital expenditure disbursements upon draw funding.
• Coordinating with Capital Markets and Investor Relations teams to accurately account for all acquisitions, dispositions, and debt refinancing events.
• Managing all fixed asset depreciation schedules and booking corresponding capital items and job cost allocations.
• Auditing and managing all bank deposits, crediting card charges and internal expense reports.
• Reviewing and approving invoices posted into Accounts Payable.
• Managing the 3rd-party vendor process including contracts, insurance certificates, lien waivers, and invoicing.
• Preparing all manual checks as needed and ensuring payments are entered into the accounting system on a timely basis.
• Assisting in preparation of quarterly financial reports sent to investors and lenders.
• Responsible for developing annual internal audits of properties and implementation follow up.
• Creating and submitting periodic loan compliance reporting for properties where applicable.
• Overseeing all property level payroll and benefits to ensure that costs are allocated correctly.
• Preparing annual budgets for all assets and approve budget revisions as per company policies.
• Providing support to Sr. Executives for Annual Tax Returns and Annual Audits where applicable.
• Supporting operational implementations and compliance with all policy and processing changes (such as employee benefits, software, etc.)
• Documenting standard operating procedures and policies.
• Assisting in due diligence efforts including lease review, rent roll analysis, expense reconciliation, etc.
• Completing all post-closing reconciliations with buyers/sellers.
• 3+ years’ experience in the accounting profession
• Real estate industry experience is required
• Strong background in financial planning & analysis most helpful
• Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting or related field
• High level of proficiency with financial accounting software such as QuickBooks and Yardi - Yardi proficiency is a MUST
• Extensive experience with GAAP, tax basis, and joint venture accounting and financial reporting
• Familiarity with analyzing complex deal documents and determining proper accounting treatment
Company offers a salary to $75,000 plus bonus and excellent benefits.
For IMMEDIATE consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll reach out with more details upon receipt.
THIS IS A PERMANENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, finance, property accountant, real estate, property management, multi-family, QuickBooks, Yardi