Location: Duluth, GA
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
Salary: $55 - $65K plus excellent benefits
Established full service commercial real estate firm located in Duluth seeks to hire a Staff Accountant. You'll be trained to handle property accounting duties to encompass full cycle property management accounting for a portfolio of assigned commercial properties. Company has an awesome corporate culture and a very supporting work environment. After 90 days, you'll be permitted to work from home one day per week and Friday's are casual with quitting time at 3:30pm.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial statement with supporting documentation
• Review and approve A/P invoices ensuring invoices are property coded, expensed to the correct property
• Process and post cash receipts in accounting software
• Book requested journal entries
• Post bill backs – expense reimbursements and utility reimbursements
• Generate recurring charges on the first of the month and upload statements to payment portal
• Generate Mid-month late statement and upload to payment portal
• Set up new leases in accounting software
• Prepare annual Common Area Maintenance (CAM), Tax and Insurance reconciliations and annual Water/Electric reconciliations
• Reconcile Bank Accounts
• Research and answer questions regarding income and expenses
• Work with Property Manager to prepare annual budgets for all properties and reforecasts as needed
• Respond to owner communications in a timely manner
• Assist Supervisor with special projects as necessary, ad-hoc reporting as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required
• Experience in property management or real estate accounting preferred, but not required
• Yardi software skills a plus, but will accept other similar accounting software experience
• Excel experience required
• Avid and ClickPay experience a plus, but not required
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little direction or supervision
• Able to meet and/or exceed strict deadlines
• Excellent communication and organizational skills mandatory
Company offers a salary in the $55 - $65,000 range plus excellent benefits with 401(k) company contributions and much more!
For IMMEDIATE consideration please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due diligence from our end will be handled via phone and/or Zoom/Skype conveniently saving your time for a face to face meeting with our client in their Duluth office.
THIS IS A PERMANENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: accounting, accountant, staff accountant, property accountant, property management, real estate, commercial real estate, budgeting, financials, forecasting, Yardi