Commercial Real Estate
Industry: Facilities/Property Management
Location: Atlanta (Midtown)
Required Skills: • Bachelor's degree in engineering-related field preferred but will accept combo of work experience and education in lieu of • 10+ years of progressive experience in a related position coupled with five years of supervisory experience • Experience with facilities management, capital planning, forecasting, and replacement highly desired • Meticulous eye for detail and strong customer service orientation for extensive member interactions • Professional experience in civil engineering, site planning, layout, grading, landscape design, and stormwater management helpful • Knowledge of building control systems required • Knowledge/experience in HVAC and plumbing required and experience with boilers and chillers helpful • HVAC, EPA, and CPO (Certified Pool Operator) Certifications preferred
Preferred Skills: Professional experience in civil engineering and landscape design helpful
Education: Bachelors preferred but will consider combo of work experience and education
Salary: Very competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
One of Atlanta's most prestigious and private social clubs seeks to hire a Facilities Director to manage a comprehensive facilities maintenance program while supervising housekeeping, laundry, and facilities areas. The current job holder, a highly respected team member, is retiring and we are looking for an immediate replacement. With two clubhouses, multiple large kitchens, a pastry shop, and a wine cellar, the Main Clubhouse encompasses five acres in the heart of Midtown. Additionally, the Club owns and operates a 500-acre golf and recreational facility, including a spectacular 145-acre lake in SW Atlanta. The facilities include golf, tennis, platform tennis, squash, swimming, exercise facilities, steam rooms, casual and fine dining, as well as event space for larger gatherings.
This is a director-level role reporting directly to General Manager (GM) responsible for the day-to-day operations of three departments and staff. Incumbent will select, train, supervise, and direct engineering staff; direct work of laundry and housekeeping supervisors; work with GM, other managers, and consultants to oversee all renovations and special projects.
The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined with an all-around knowledge of mechanical systems, plumbing, electrical, and refrigeration. He/she will possess organizational abilities to coordinate club projects and renovations; understand energy management and related systems; demonstrate the ability to manage multi-discipline projects and utilize technical support staff; ability to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions (skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards); and with constant renovations and replacement, a construction background will prove most helpful.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering-related field preferred but will accept combo of work experience and education in lieu of
• 10+ years of progressive experience in a related position coupled with five years of supervisory experience
• Experience with facilities management, capital planning, forecasting, and replacement highly desired
• Meticulous eye for detail and strong customer service orientation for extensive member interactions
• Professional experience in civil engineering, site planning, layout, grading, landscape design, and stormwater management helpful
• Knowledge of building control systems required
• Knowledge/experience in HVAC and plumbing required and experience with boilers and chillers helpful
• HVAC, EPA, and CPO (Certified Pool Operator) Certifications preferred
• Assist GM in the development and implementation of best practices, proactive standards, procedures, and checklists to enhance the
• Build relationships and interact with staff to define facility requirements for all events
• Possess working knowledge of access control, HVAC programming and security cameras
• Overseeing maintenance of the clubhouse facilities, administrative offices, gates, and surroundings
• Overseeing the maintenance, repair, and installation of lighting in the clubhouse and surrounding parking lots, trees, walkways, footer
lights, mailboxes, and all streetlights
• Troubleshoots malfunctions and responds to service calls as needed
• Prepares annual budgeting of repairs and maintenance, energy, and capital expenditures
• Maintains and updates 5-year maintenance and capital improvement plans for all buildings (interior and exterior)
• Plans, implements, and administers the energy management and preventive maintenance programs
• Administers and directs all major and minor repairs and improvements
• Procures bids and contracts required for all improvements. Coordinates in-house retrofit and cosmetic improvement programs as
directed by management
• Supervises the purchasing of all goods and materials; initiates purchase orders for physical plant and facilities maintenance supplies,
machinery, equipment, parts, and services as required
• Maintains and monitors fire, phone, data, music, cable, and TV systems for all facilities
• Conducts daily facilities walkabouts and specific site inspections on an as-needed basis
• Assists in preparing all necessary reports required by the city and county concerning safety, health, and fire
• Oversees the renewal of all permits and licenses
• Maintains work order database on a daily basis - trains and schedules staff
• Consults with the GM and architectural standards and infrastructure committees for budget approvals and endorsement of major
• Effectively mentors and coach's employees; proactively supports employee involvement and development; counsels employees on
performance standards; and conducts timely performance reviews
• Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment with continual emphasis on promoting employee and member health and
safety. Assists in training colleagues in proper safety techniques
The company offers a very competitive salary depending on skills and experience, plus bonus, benefits, and a new truck (will be able to take home, and reasonably related expenses are reimbursable such as gas, oil changes, etc.).
For IMMEDIATE consideration please forward your resume to email@example.com. Confidentiality is assured!
THIS IS A PERMANENT FULL-TIME DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY AND OUR FEES ARE ALWAYS ASSUMED BY THE HIRING COMPANY.
Keywords: property management, real estate, hospitality properties, commercial, facilities, building engineer, building manager, chief engineer, property manager, senior property manager, director, facilities director, engineering, maintenance, mechanical, architectural, stormwater management, CAD, civil engineering, supervision, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, projects and renovations, building system controls, capital improvements, management, forecasting, replacement, detailed, building director